Professional Development Links
- National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA)
NACLAA is committed to providing access to high quality distance education and continuing professional development to municipal employees across Canada. The NACLAA program develops and enhances local government leadership and managerial capabilities to promote enlightened democratic governance. It provides a nationally recognized credential through advanced learning opportunities for local government officials wishing to increase their mobility and career advancement opportunities within the municipal civil service. The program provides nationally relevant but regionally sensitive theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for outstanding performance in local authority administration.
For more Information go to: Dalhousie College of Continuing Education
- Public Service Commission Training and Development Calendar
The AMANS has a Memorandum of Understanding with the Province of Nova Scotia which enables municipal employees to enroll in Provincial government courses. Access the Corporate Calendar 2011-2012 (2 MB) .
- Dalhousie College of Continuing Education
- Local Government Leadership Institute
The LGL programs are dedicated to helping civic executives make a leadership difference in local government throughout Canada and overseas. They are offered in partnership with the LGL Institute as part of the LGL Coach designation.
The suite of LGL coaching programs is designed in cooperation with the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA) and the International Office, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM).
- Dalhousie University - Continuing Technical Education
- Mount Saint Vincent University Continuing Education
- Saint Mary's University Continuing Education
- Nova Scotia Community College
- Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC)
- International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC)
- Society of Local Government Managers Accreditation Program