2015 Spring Conference Planning Committee
Conference Planning Committee:
ROLE OF THE COMMITTEE
The AMA Spring Conference Committee shall:
- Plan the annual Spring Conference;
- Develop a Spring Conference program, keeping in mind the objectives the AMANS;
- Plan and develop any pre- and/or post-Spring Conference events;
- Work with the Executive Director to suggest names for the speakers of workshops;
- Approve and work within a Spring Conference budget;
- Solicit sponsorship in the amount outlined in the budget;
- Suggest and assist with the organization of Spring Conference social and networking events.
ROLE OF THE CHAIR
The Chair of the Spring Conference Planning Committee shall:
- Ensure that the work of the Spring Conference Planning Committee is in keeping with the overall goals and objectives of the AMANS;
- Convene and preside over meetings of the Spring Conference Planning Committee;
- Set the agenda for each Spring Conference Planning Committee meeting, in consultation with the Executive Director;
- Assign work to Committee members;
- Report to the Executive on Committee's progress;
- Attend the Annual Spring Conference and Chair such events as deemed appropriate.
ROLE OF THE VICE-CHAIR
The Vice-Chair shall fulfill the duties of the Chair in the absence of the Chair.
ROLE OF COMMITTEE MEMBER
A member of the AMA Spring Conference Planning Committee shall:
- Regularly attend Spring Conference Planning Committee meetings;
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Committee work;
- Volunteer for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them in a thorough and timely manner;
- Stay informed about Committee matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports;
- Attend the Annual Spring Conference, chair Conference sessions and assist on-site where necessary.