2013 Convention Planning Committee
ROLE OF THE COMMITTEE
The Convention Planning Committee shall:
- Work closely with the Executive Director in planning the annual convention;
- Develop and refine a convention theme, and develop a program which is in line with the theme;
- Develop a convention program, in keeping with the objectives the AMANS;
- Plan and develop any pre- and/or post-convention events;
- Work with the Executive Director to determine speakers;
- Approve and work within a conference budget;
- Assist with soliciting sponsorship in the amount outlined in the budget;
- Assist in soliciting exhibitors for the trade show;
- Suggest and assist with the organization of convention social and networking events;
- Assist in obtaining early bird prizes.
ROLE OF THE CHAIRThe Chair of the Convention Planning Committee shall:
- Ensure that the work of the Convention Planning Committee is in keeping with the overall goals and objectives of the AMANS;
- Convene and preside over meetings of the Convention Planning Committee;
- Set the agenda for each Convention Planning Committee meeting, in consultation with the Executive Director;
- Assign work to Committee members;
- Report to the Executive on Committee's progress;
- Attend the Annual Convention and Chair such events as deemed appropriate.
ROLE OF THE VICE-CHAIRThe Vice-Chair shall fulfill the duties of the Chair in the absence of the Chair.
ROLE OF COMMITTEE MEMBERA member of the AMA Convention Planning shall:
- Regularly attend Convention Planning Committee meetings and important related meetings;
- Makes a serious commitment to participate actively in Committee work;
- Volunteer for and willingly accepts assignments and complete them in a thorough and timely manner;
- Stay informed about Committee matters, prepare themselves well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports;
- Attend the Annual Convention, chair Convention sessions, and assist on-site where necessary.